Instrument and Controls and Analyzers
Recent Discharged Encouraged to Apply
Position summary: (Multiple sites: Corpus Christi, Freeport, Gulf Coast) The employee must have the basic skills to fabricate and install conduit, tubing, and piping. These skills also include installation of instruments and supports.
Candidate must be authorized to work and reside in the U.S. without sponsorship Tasks:
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO’s or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job.
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, fork lifts, and company trucks.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill to fabricate and install conduit, tubing, and piping systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill to install supports.
- Demonstrate knowledge of electronic and pneumatic instruments.
- Demonstrate ability to read and understand literature that is supplied by vendors in order to install site specific equipment.
Required Skills Skills:
- The employee must be able to use standard and/or metric rule to measure.
- Demonstrate ability to use whole numbers, fractions and decimals to add, subtract, multiply and divide and be able to accurately follow instructions.
- Installation - Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Follow the rules of safe conduct at all times.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively utilize materials/resources in cost-effective manner.
- Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or patter according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- High School Graduate or G.E.D.
- If possible, at least one (1) year of training as an instrument helper.
- The employee is encouraged to become a student in the A.B.C. training program.
NOTE: The training received at a vocational school may substitute for one year of experience.
- READING: The employee must have the ability to read safety requirements, instructions in the correct use and maintenance of shop tools, be able to read and understand methods and procedures that are present on drawings, layout work, and just specifications.
- WRITING: Must have the ability to write simple reports with the correct format using spelling and grammar. (English)
- SPEAKING: Must have the ability to speak using correct English with a well modulated voice.
- Being in close proximity to moving mechanical equipment.
- Possible electrical shock. NOTE: If any portable electrical tools or equipment are used a G.F.C.I. must be used.
- Exposure to burns and radiant energy.
- Noise levels due to tools used in this craft.
- Fumes, dusts, and foreign material in the work area because of the nature of the work.
- Working in elevated or below grade work areas.
- Positions require working in: climbing, bending, sitting, walking, kneeling, crawling, standing, lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Good hand eye balance and the ability to distinguish colors are required in order to use the tools that are necessary to perform the required work.
- Employees must have vision which has good depth perception in order to judge distance and space relationships.
- The employee must be able to work in all types of weather conditions.
- The ability to work in elevated positions is a must.
- The employee must be able to work in confined spaces as well as wear the following safety equipment when need be: life vests, ear protection, rubber gloves, leather gloves, hard hat, slicker suit, acid suit, rubber gloves, full face breathing mask, wearing full safety harness, or wearing a face shield.
- The heavy work demands will require up to 100 pounds of force to be exerted occasionally and up to 50 pounds of force to be exerted frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force to be exerted constantly to move objects.
EnerMech offers competitive pay and benefits, Insurance, Health, Life, Accidental, A great 401K plan with a company contribution and PTO/vacation and holidays. Your long term and Short Term disability is paid for by company, as well as many opportunities for technical training/ growth and advancement. We also offer both long-term and shorter (project-based) assignments in many locations as well as full time employment. Can you send me your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get it to the hiring manager who will reach out with the details.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
EnerMech is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.