Are you interested in an exciting career opportunity with an industry leader that has been in business for over 100 years? Are you looking for a solid organization, right-sized with visibility and opportunity to make a difference? Are you interested in being part of a diverse community where respect, ethics and quality are at the core of our cultural values? Then look no further!
Shawmut Corporation is the premier provider of engineered flexible multi-layer materials for automotive, medical and other applications. We offer our customers the widest range of lamination processes available, and as a result, enjoy technological and market leadership position in many of the markets we serve. Our expertise results from unending search for innovative processes and capabilities that add value to our existing customers and help us grow our business.
We are seeking an emotionally intelligent shift leader capable of directing, supervising and coordinating all activities during the assigned shift to achieve Safety, Quality, Service, Cost and Morale objectives in compliance with company and customer requirements.
- Review production schedule with appropriate plant personnel and discuss priorities and opportunities with Plant Manager, Engineering Manager and Quality Manager to achieve plant and company operational goals.
- Provide production, quality and technical leadership to shift employees to achieve maximum output with high quality to exceed customer expectations.
- Check orders at machines to confirm they are in correct production order. Advise lead operators of production schedule and ensure correct set-ups and procedures are being used/followed.
- Assist in training of operators and controlled documents.
- Ensure adequate inventories of all supplies are on hand.
- Coordinate machine maintenance and repairs on an as needed basis with Maintenance Department.
- Verify that company policies and procedures are adhered to and personnel related issues are resolved. Participate in the hiring process and offer advice and suggestions on employment and disciplinary action.
- Participate in Safety Committee Meetings. Complete safety inspection forms. Review safety tour finding and industrial accidents and take corrective actions.
- Work extensively with the shift employees to reduce rework and workloss.
- Communicated production, quality and engineering issues between shifts.
- Trouble shoot processes, materials, equipment problems, and recommend implementation of corrective actions.
- Review Non-conformance report (NCR), have materials moved to QC, determine causes, review processes and parameters and collect relevant data for review with management team to assist with corrective actions.
- Provide consistent feedback and accountability measure to all shift employees.
- Conduct annual performance reviews of all shift employees. Recommend wage adjustments.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as required.
- High School graduate required plus prior military service or college degree highly preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years of Supervisory experience required.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment or with moving machinery preferred.
- Strong leadership skills, able to work effectively under pressure, lead others and work well with a variety of different personalities.
- Strong coaching skills for improved performance, productivity and accountability.
- Computer literacy required. Proficiency with MS Office Suite required. Experience with ERP systems a plus.
- Must be able to understand directions/instructions. The ability to read, write and understand English is required.
- Possess basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and fractions.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal to prepare various paperwork, enter and analyze data in the computer, train employees and complete all other job related tasks.
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Some overhead lifting of approximately 20 lbs. required.
- Must be willing to work overtime when necessary.
- Must wear safety glasses and steel-toed safety shoes at all times.
- Must utilize safe lifting techniques.
- Must follow Shawmut’s general safety regulations.
- Must follow machine safety instructions.
- Completion of accident investigation reports and contact with WC carrier regard details of incident.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Shawmut Corporation will not provide sponsorship for employment authorization for this position.
Shawmut is a US based company with further plans for global expansion. We employ 400+ people and have locations in Massachusetts, Michigan, Tennessee, South Carolina, New York, Japan and Czech Republic. We work in a fast paced environment with ever-changing challenges and opportunities. Because we are not a huge organization much of what we do day-to-day is visible to top management and people are sought after for their thoughts and ideas.