This full-time position is responsible for managing multiple Federal distribution accounts across the US, including US Military. This position requires a hands-on, diligent approach to building and nurturing strong relationships with each account. This will require travel to the accounts’ headquarters, vendor fairs, visits with sales reps, formal training venues, rep training, possible end-user training and exhibition presence at state and national shows. Day-to-day sales duties include customer support, training via Skype or phone and ability to ensure customer needs are met. All channels require developing of sales plans, forecasts, setting revenue goals, maintaining distributor agreements, working on sales leads and ensuring customers are made aware of company policy changes, new products and promotions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages the growth and total revenue target within the Federal markets.
- Develops sales forecast and an annual sales plan along with innovative sales strategies to generate new sales opportunities.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of sales strategies.
- Develops and adheres to departmental budget.
- Maintains and expands client database with the assigned territory.
- Ensures each distributor has a current, signed distribution agreement and is in compliance.
- Retrieves and documents each account's sales and marketing goals
- Works with management to develops new opportunities (product, program, etc.) within the context of the pre-hospital special accounts.
- Terminates any non-performing account or any account deemed to not meet revenue minimums, prior to the new fiscal year, as well as other contract requirements such as minimum advertised price (MAP).
- Coordinates with Marketing department for successful launch of new products and kits.
- Checks on competitive activity and develops new methods of attaining resellers and assisting resellers in attaining new accounts.
- Communicates product and marketing needs and opportunities to supervisor, R&D and Marketing department.
- Maintains and issues weekly summary sales report to Global Sales Director.
- Determines customer training needs and assures training plans are implemented to satisfaction of customer.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Presentation Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Technical Capacity.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Travel to customer sites and to product shows/demonstrations is expected. Flexible hours required as travel may occur during the weekends.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business administration or equivalent number of years of experience
- Three (3) years of related experience with progressive sales experience.
- Six (6) years prior military service in a medical field.
- Experience in the sales and marketing of medical devices required.
- Experience in selling medical products to U.S. Civilian personnel preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of government acquisition procedures.
This position is a salaried position. H&H Medical Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.